Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hello, ICLW! -Updated-

I’m excited to spend some time and meet some new people this week – I definitely need the distraction. I’m on CD7 of my 2nd IUI cycle. I had an IUI in January, and it was a BFP, but it resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. My body and my head took a break, and we’re back on the IUI train. I’m trying to maintain my positive attitude this month, which is huge for me, as my attitude usually sucks. And if this IUI doesn’t work or it results in an ectopic, I think we’re moving on to IVF in the fall…

But this IUI WILL work!!! So… I had my first monitoring appointment this morning after four days of injections, and everything is looking good. My lining is at 7, and I have two follies at around 8 now, and lots of small follies, but she said we won’t be able to tell what’s really going on this early until they get my blood work. I’ll get the call this afternoon about my hormone levels and if we should change the medication levels. I have a feeling the dose will increase… I’ll update later with the plan. I’m still very positive about this cycle – this is the one!

Update from the Dr - everything looks good. Estradiol is at 164, which they say is good for right now. I'm supposed to stay at 75 units of Gonal F for the next two days, and then another appointment Friday morning!

10 comments:

  1. hi babe - loving your positive attitude. glad that things are moving along for you. how have the injections been treating you so far?? lining sounds great at 7. sending you all the *good vibes* that i can today :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rockin' the positive attitude this month :-) look at you!


    It sounds like things are going well so far, I'm hoping for more good news from u! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's definitely a great lining and great e2! The positive attitude is working already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also on my 2nd IUI round...In fact, I just had my insemination done this morning. Wishing you all the best. keep thinking positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great news on the progress so far! Glad you're still up with the positive attitude (but don't forget that you don't need to beat yourself up if you happen to fall off the wagon - this is crazy hard - and the last thing you need is to be hard on yourself for being down about it). Hoping with all my might that this is THE ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your positivity! I know that's not always the easiest thing to do. I hope this works for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Alex,
    sounds like the chances for this IUI are really good! Wishing you lots of luck :)
    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had an ectopic pregnancy last month. Hang in there. Great blog, can't wait to read more. I'm your newest follower from IComLeavWe.

    -K
    http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hope you're hanging in there and that all is progressing swimmingly! just wanted to check in. thanks for the nice words today. most days i'm 90%, but today was a bad one for some reason. i couldn't do this without all you girls. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alex! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Wishing you the best of luck with your 2nd IUI. And I agree about stopping temping during treatments...it clouds the mind and adds more stress. At least it did for me. Good luck with your next monitoring. I hope everything is growing nice and mature in there!

    ReplyDelete