Thursday, January 9, 2014

Farewell, my friends

It’s been seven months, and I can’t believe I’ve been gone so long.  Every week I would tell myself that I would get back into the blogging world, and every week would go by and I wouldn’t find the time.  I am busier than I have ever been in my life, and more tired, and more happy (most of the time).  It’s been a really tough seven months since the birth of my twins, but I’m finally settling down a bit, and I need to acknowledge that I probably won’t get back into blogging.  So this is me, admitting to it, and saying farewell to all you lovely people.

This blog has meant so much to me over the years.  This has given me a place to get all the awful feelings out when nobody understood me.  Infertility completely took over my life, and without this outlet, I don’t know what I would have done.  I look back at that dark period in my life, and it seems like a different life.  I will never forget where I’ve been, and I would never wish infertility on someone else, but I think I grew because of it.  I’m a better mother, wife and friend having gone through infertility.  I will always be an infertile woman in my heart, but my life is not defined by infertility now.  It’s defined by the results of my infertility – three beautiful little children. 

Since the birth of my twins, my life has been a whirlwind of babies.  The best decision we ever made was to have an au pair.  It’s cheaper than daycare for two kids, and I’ve really enjoyed getting to know her.  It’s fun having someone young live in our house, keeping us up to date on the latest fashion, music and celebrity gossip.  And it’s made things so much easier to have childcare in my house!  I feel very spoiled when thinking about my child care.  I work about 20 hours per week from home, and have child care 45 hours per week.  She went home for 1.5 weeks over Christmas, and it was so hard taking care of my children every day!!! J  Seriously, I don’t know how real stay at home moms do it all by themselves, especially with three small children! 

Alex is great – she’s now 26 months, and is a fabulous big sister.  She likes to play with the dogs, and tries to get her brothers to play with her.  She has definitely hit the terrible two’s, but she’s really not that bad, and only goes to time out about 3-4 times per week, usually for pulling the dog’s tail.  She constantly talks, and sings, and dances, and plays.  She frustrates me daily, and makes my heart melt.

The boys are great, and I love that they’re getting bigger each day.  John spent two weeks in the NICU, and another month on oxygen at home, but he is now the bigger and healthy one.  And so happy – I’ve never seen a happier baby!  Nothing bothers him except being hungry.  Even when he’s tired he won’t cry, he’ll just fall asleep wherever he is.  He has this huge barrel chest and gigantic head – we’re sure he will be a football player one day.  A happy healthy football player!

Henry is such a sweetie with the longest eyelashes ever and a mohawk of hair, and he’s definitely a momma’s boy.  He’s fussy and temperamental, and will sometimes only eat for me.  He has reflux (on Prevacid) and was incredibly fussy until we recently changed his formula to the gentle formula, and now he’s only slightly fussy.  He’s the one who won’t sleep at night and screams when you try to feed him, or when he has a dirty diaper, or when he’s tired, or bored, or when the earth is tilted or something.  But when he’s happy he’s so happy!  He giggles when he sees me in the morning, and his favorite place is in my arms.  Our family jokes that he’s my favorite because I’m always holding him, but it’s the only way he’s happy!

It makes me so sad, but I must say goodbye to my blog and to most of you.  I don’t have the time anymore, and I need to focus on my family and my home, and a little on my job.  I’ve become “real-life” friends with a few bloggy friends on Facebook, and I would love to do that with any of you that I’ve become friends over the years! So please email me at adventuresofalex@gmail.com with your Facebook profile (along with your blog name so I can recognize you) and I’ll send you a friend request.  Thank you so very much for being there for me over the years.  I don’t think I could have done it without you.


I’ll leave you with a picture of the results of my fertility struggle:  John, Alex and Henry.



23 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Alex! It always makes me sad when fellow bloggers disappear without a word and we're left wondering if everything is okay in their lives. It sounds like things are going great for you, and that makes me really, really happy. Congrats on your happy, healthy family! All the best to you in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally understand why priorities must change. Hopefully we can keep up on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful family! I've missed your blog, but totally understand- your life is crazy busy right now! Going to email you- hope we can keep up on FB

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will be missed, Alex. What a glorious end to an amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you posted, even if it's one last farewell post! Sounds like you are super busy and enjoying every minute with your kiddos. They are adorable!!

    I know you don't have time to catch up on reading blogs, but I wanted to share the good news with you....Matthew is going to be a big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love a happy ending. You have lovely children! So glad you have help taking care of them so you're not too burned out to enjoy what you're worked so hard for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will miss you! We shared so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the update, Alex! I will miss you, but I'm so glad you have your children now. Enjoy life with your big family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun to see an update from you! It sounds like things are going well! You have a very busy life right now, and as we know, it goes by too quickly. Enjoy this time with your sweet babies. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, it's so nice to see an update from you and so sad to know it's goodbye. I'm glad to hear that everything is good in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Has it really been that long? Your children are adorable! I think they are more than a perfect reason to step away and say goodbyes. I would absolutely love to be a FB friend. I am soo soo very happy that your struggles had such a wonderful resolution and you are leaving your blog at highnotes.

    Wishing all 5 of you the best in life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fare thee well. I think blogger changed that on me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww. Such sweet babies! I have really enjoyed touching with base with you on this journey and managing the whole "work from home" thing! Thank you for everything you have brought into my life, Alex. You helped me get through it. (I don't have FB, but stop by sometime, ok? I'll have coffee waiting. <3)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was so glad to see this update- you have a beautiful family and a wonderful life ahead- all the best, thanks so much for taking the time to update all of us who have followed your story and rooted for you

    ReplyDelete
  16. you will be missed, Alex! I am so glad you wrote this last post on how you and the kids are.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful update. I will miss you for sure. I know what you mean about being busy and just trying to focus on your life and your family and move forward. It's hard to be everything to everyone. I hope your life continues to be full of happy, smiling faces. I have enjoyed following your blog and will definitely miss it. BTW...my baby girl wore that same dress on Christmas. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy to come here and see your happy ending! I'm going to email you my FB now :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I knew we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. I and My Husband give a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situaton.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflamatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Diabetes,Herpes Virus.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have seen that every person wants to express their feelings but they are not able to express their feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post is very beautiful, it seems that you have expressed your feelings Has expressed. Hi, you are a person who writes a very beautiful post, in the same way, you keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. Real Photos Girl Gurugram
    Gurugram Girl Number
    Cheap price girls gurgaon
    Naughty Girl Gurgaon
    VIP Girl Gurugram
    premium Girl Gurgaon
    premium health

    ReplyDelete
  21. Betturkey giriş adresine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriş

    DHC0

    ReplyDelete