Just got the call - it's officially negative. Well, at least it’s not ectopic, right? I had such a debilitating fear all morning about this – so petrified that it would come back positive, with low progesterone and estrogen, and I would have to go through that horrible rollercoaster again. So at least the results are clear. Not happy, but at least I know for sure.
I have an appointment with the Doc on November 1 to see what he thinks about the next steps should be. Here is what I think are our choices:
1. Do another IUI with injectibles. It’s worked before, it will probably work again at some point. I could do lots of these with the $25K infertility benefits we will now have. Could definitely do another cycle in December.
2. Do an IVF cycle with my current doctor. He’s a fine doctor, one of the best in Houston based on success rates. We call him the Wal-mart doc – he churns through patients, he’ll do whatever, doesn’t seem too cutting edge. Advantage for this is he’s right here. I may be able to do it in December, if not I would need to wait until February.
3. Do an IVF cycle with Dr. Sher at SIRM or some other fabulous doctor. Cutting edge, really good doc. This would involve travel, and would definitely delay it until March, as that is the first time I would be able to take enough time off.
No matter what, I’m going to ask my current doc what he thinks, and I may schedule a phone consult with Dr. Sher – he does them over the phone for free. I’ve always thought that if we get to the IVF step that I didn’t want to go with my local doctor, that I wanted to go with someone more top notch considering how much it cost, but now that we have insurance, I don’t know.
Maybe I’m jumping ahead of myself and I should be just trying another IUI, but I’m pissed it didn’t work, and I don’t like the stats. I’m really pissed that I first saw my doc in November of last year, and it’s been almost a year seeing this guy, and I’m not freaking pregnant!!!