Thursday, March 11, 2010

Guess I'm Not Over It

I went to the doctor today, feeling fine except for a cough, but feeling pretty positive, haven't cried in over a week. And then the nurse asked me for the date of my last period...

I just sat there, stared at her for a few seconds, and then burst into tears. I somehow got a calendar out, looked at February, and then started crying even harder when I realized that I started bleeding after the ectopic and methotrexate on February 11 - one month ago today! It's really been a month? I blubbered out that I had a miscarriage on February 11, and she just whispered a sad little "sorry" and practically ran from the room. I was not expecting to cry today. Why does this hurt so much? I really wanted that baby.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I had a similar experience when I went to acupuncture and I had to tell her I miscarried...it's so hard to speak the words.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry - that must have been really hard. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    You wouldn't believe how many times the question "When was your last period?" has brought me to tears.

    ReplyDelete