Friday, March 19, 2010

I Never Expected This

I never expected this blog to be a part of my life. I am a new blogger, and new to journaling. I’ve started journals before, but have never been able to keep them up, but somehow this is easier. I started this blog to talk about my infertility, but yesterday I realized something – this is about my life! My whole life, my ugly parts and my good parts. I expected feelings to come up about my infertility, but I never expected feelings to come up about my own adoption, and my childhood. I’ve been trying to work through some of these issues for a long time, and it’s actually really nice to be able to get feedback on these thoughts. The comments I received were so incredibly sweet and helpful – thank you!!!

Yesterday after writing that post, I was sad. But I picked myself up and went to acupuncture, and talked about the plan for this month with Dr. K – what a great guy my acupuncture guy is!!! He told me to keep taking herbs, and vitamin e, to exercise, and track my cervical mucus. Yeah, buddy, been doing that one for a year… And he said to get Hubs to take garlic to increase the quality of his spermies. He said maybe not this month, but next month or month after that – definitely will get pregnant! I didn’t have the heart to tell him that next week I’m going back to the RE to talk about the plan for next month… But I had such a nice acupuncture session, both talking to Dr. K, and then lying there on the table. I was drifting in and out, concentrating on my deep breathing, and really trying to get into it. I walked out of there with so much energy, and I felt that everything was truly right with the world!

Hubs complains about the price of acupuncture – he calls it our Mercedes, because we could buy a car and make car payments, or pay for acupuncture – it’s the same price. But if I can feel like that once per week – like everything is right with the world – then it’s absolutely worth it. I’m going to keep going until I absolutely have to quit!

3 comments:

  1. I'm just reading The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis and am getting very excited about the acupuncture/traditional chinese medicine approach. I definitely think it's worth the money, not just to make you feel better but also to get pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is truly an interesting experience! I never thought I would keep mine up but I keep coming back to it :)

    Glad acupuncture made you feel better! Definitely worth the money if it makes you feel awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, blogging has definitely been a much-needed life preserver for me. Every day I am thankful for this IF community. It's totally like therapy. :)

    I tried accupuncture--had two appointments--but I didn't really enjoy it. I was rather disappointed acutally. I attribute this to the accupuncturist, who didn't seem confident and didn't talk to me much. I left both times feeling disappointed, and I decided that if I am going to spend that amount of money on something, it's going to be something I really enjoy. I'm on the hunt for a new accupuncturist...

    ReplyDelete